Foundation Preparatory Academy makes available individual courses for parents to select for their children, and only those children accepted for admission may register for the courses offered. Each student who registers for courses will have a transcript on file with the school, and a copy of this transcript will be made available to the student’s parents upon request.
Foundation Preparatory Academy is accountable only for the courses selected and attempted directly at the Academy. Any course instruction received at other schools or instruction provided through home education is the responsibility of the parent. Transfer of credit to the Academy for any such instruction may be granted if in accordance with Academy policies concerning credit transfer.
Parent and Student Responsibilities
Foundation Preparatory Academy is a University-Model School®. Because of this, both parent involvement and student cooperation are essential if the Academy is to successfully fulfill its mission, a mission that includes a vital spiritual element. Therefore, as a condition of acceptance to this school, the parents of each student applying for admission must be in agreement with the school’s doctrinal position.
It is also necessary that this Academy have parent and student guidelines to facilitate the acceptance of those students appropriately suited for a UMS format. Those expectations are as follows:
All Parents must
- Be in agreement with the school’s Vision, Mission and Statement of Faith;
- Be willing to comply with the Non-Denominational Policy and Non-Discriminatory Policy;
- Be active participants of a Christian church that is in keeping with the Academy’s Statement of Faith;
- Be willing to follow the Matthew 18 model of Biblical conflict resolution and utilize a Christian conciliation service as defined by school policy if ever necessary;
- Be in agreement with, and supportive of, the Student Conduct Policies as well as the Academy’s procedures for handling student discipline;
- Acknowledge that each child has reviewed and is willing to abide by the Academy’s Student Conduct Policies;
- Agree to participate in ongoing & periodic Family Ministry programming; and
- Sign a statement upon initial enrollment acknowledging that they are responsible to be familiar with and consult the policies of the school as published in the current school handbook.
All Students must
- Adhere to the Academy’s Student Code of Conduct (see Family Handbook)
- Adhere to the Academy’s Dress Code Policy (See Family Handbook)
This ministry’s Statement of Faith is fundamental to basic Christian tenets and contains those doctrines to which we unreservedly adhere and teach. It is our desire to maintain this position and to do so in all fairness to each family. In honoring this desire concerning the outreach of this ministry, there shall be no attempt made by parents, students, staff, or school board members to promote or disparage any doctrinal or denominational beliefs, practices, or positions regarding issues upon which the ministry itself has assumed no official stance. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding the dissension which may be caused by denominational distinction.
Foundation Preparatory Academy shall make no distinction in its admission or operating policies with regard to an individual’s race, color, or national and ethnic origin because we recognize that there can be no preferential treatment with God.